A Certified Member is a practicing management consultant in good standing and who has been awarded the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation after successfully going through an assessment process.
This process requires you to present evidence of your competence in management consulting processes and your area of technical specialization against the Institute’s Competency framework.
CMC members are also tested against their understanding of the CICMC Code OF Ethics. CMC candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of three year’s experience in full time management consulting with major responsibility for client engagements during at least one of those years.
- Possess the requisite qualification for the area of practice.
- Provide written summaries of client engagements.
- Pass a qualifying interview by a CMC panel.
- Pass the qualifying on-line examination.
Certified members are voting members and receive full benefits of the Institute.
A Professional Member is a practicing management consultant, who agrees to subscribe to the CICMC Code of Ethics and who may choose to work towards the Institute’s professional qualification of CMC.
The applicant must provide evidence of at least one of the following:
- At least three years experience as a management consultant.
- At least five years experience in management.
- At least five years experience in a technical or professional specialty.
- Masters Degree in business or related field (e.g. MBA).
- Currently working as a consultant.
Professional members are voting members with full benefits.
An Associate Member is a professional who either has an interest in management consulting or engages in providing services to the management consulting profession and supports the mission of the Institute.
Associates may include
- Academics in the field of management, professional service providers,
- Business journalists
- Practicing managers in the public and private sectors.
Associates must abide by the CICMC Code of Ethics but are not eligible to vote and may not receive the full benefits of the Institute.
A Student Member is a full time tertiary student who has an interest in management consulting and supports the objectives of the Institute.
The special rate is for those actively studying at an accredited tertiary institution, who are desirous of becoming management consultants and who agree to abide by the Institute Code of Ethics. Student members may continue at the student rate as long as they continue to be a student in good standing or 12 months immediately subsequent to graduation, and not actively pursuing consulting clients. Student members do not have voting rights, and may not receive the full benefits of the Institute.
Corporate Membership is open to consultants working in management consulting firms with five or more practicing management consultants. An initial relationship is established with each consulting firm applying for corporate membership and then members of that firm individually complete their applications for assessment.